From last Monday:
I’m on “staycation” this week. As far as my writing, here are some things I promise myself to do with my extra time this week:
- For NaNoWriMo next month, I promise to do practice writing sprints every day. I will work on my current WIPs.
- Also for NaNo, I will further develop my characters, especially my protagonist.
- And I will flesh out my scenes a little bit more.
- I will read one book on the writing craft.
- I will “recast” some of the scenes in my novella, Traption, I feel need to be stronger.
- I’ve done a few writing sprints this week.
- I hand copied text from several novels to practice description.
- I’m about half-way through James Scott Bell’s The Art of War for Writers. Some great advice in this writing instruction book.
- I spent a whole afternoon further developing the protagonist for my NaNoWriMo project.
- I also spent a whole afternoon further developing the plot and adding details to the scenes for upcoming NaNoWriMo.
- I spent yesterday morning editing my upcoming novella, Traption.
So, I’ve gotten a lot done for my writing projects this week. And I enjoyed every moment of it.
Here are some great links to articles on writing fiction I came across recently:
- What To Do When You Stop Writing
- 8 Writing Tools for Staying Organized With Your Work
- What I Wish I’d Known about Writing a Novel
- 13 Limiting Beliefs That Hold Writers Back
- How to Make an Ebook Cover in Microsoft Word