I’m doing word sprints in preparation for NaNoWriMo. Yes, I’m training like an athlete trains for a race. In this case, I sit in my chair, set my phone for 20 minutes and write non-stop on my WIP (not my NaNoWriMo project). If you think about it, isn’t this a great way to write a rough draft all year ’round?
Here are some articles on writing fiction I’ve read lately:
- What is a Foil Character and What Role Do They Play? (With Examples)
- Fiction University: Struggling with Writing Burnout? Try These Tricks
- How to Plot a Novel: 7 Tips for Success
- Timed Editing: For Focus, Productivity & Your Manuscript’s Best Health
- Words to Describe the Way People Talk
- Want to Write More Believable Characters? Make’em Quirky