One thing I’m realizing as I work on my WIP is that even as I am writing the third draft, it’s going to need rewriting. Major rewriting. But that’s okay because at least I have something to work with. But the lesson I’m learning is to just finish the draft. Don’t stop and start over. I’ll do that a million times. Get through the draft before starting the next one.
Whoever came up with “most of writing is rewriting” knew what they were talking about. Sheesh.
- What Authors Say About Marketing
- 7 Important Sensory Elements That Writers Ignore
- The Main Reason Your Story’s Premise Is Important
- Worldbuilding with Angeline Trevlina
- A Layered Method for Creating Consistent Characters
Photo by Ivan Samkov from Pexels