One thing I find helpful for NaNoWriMo is making an informal list of scenes. The key is to not get married to this list; just use it as a jumping point. I usually end up moving the order of the scenes around.
Here are some things to keep in mind when thinking of scenes:
- Think of a scene in fiction like you would a scene in a movie.
- Think of a scene as incident with a beginning, middle and ending.
- Your list can be just one word per scene or several sentences. It’s up to you.
- The writer can use one setting or several for a scene.
- Conflict is the main ingredient for the scene.
- From which character does the point-of-view for the scene need to be written?
- Personally, I find it helpful to write the entire story in scenes for the first draft. I say “scenes” as opposed to…
View original post 184 more words