What I read this week in writing blogs:
- Help with dialogue tags. What about “he said”/”she said”—do you need them?
- Ten tips to help you avoid procrastination. A couple of weeks ago I talked about this distracting world we live in and how procrastinating has been refined into an art form of sorts.
- Two pages a day. Back in the late 1990s, before I had published my first novel, I had pocketful of literary aspirations and a heart full of dreams.
- Don’t let your characters act like idiots. The other day I watched a thriller, and was enjoying it. Until the last act.
- Hero’s Journey. The Hero’s Journey is a pattern of narrative identified by the American scholar Joseph Campbell that appears in drama, storytelling, myth, religious ritual, and psychological development.