What I’ve read lately in the writing blog arena:
- Keeping relationships consistent. On my current WIP novel, I am revising to make sure the character relationships are consistent . . .
- Two ways to manage a large cast of characters in your novel. On the recommendation of a coworker, I started reading Ken Follett’s Century trilogy . . .
- 47 rejections, then the Booker long list. Donal Ryan, a civil servant from Limerick, Ireland, wrote two novels . . .
- How to write well without losing your mind. When I was in college, I had to write a senior thesis about marketing that had to be 80 pages long, minimum . . .
- Developing a strong third person voice. To me, the key is in recognizing that voice in fiction is — or should be — inseparable from the words, thoughts, attitudes, and reactions of your main character.