How great is it to cut loose in the shower and sing your head off? Here are the most popular requests when I do a shower concert, in no particular order (laughing is not allowed):
- “The Closer I Get to You” by Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway. Yes, I sing both the girl and boy parts of the song.
- “What You Won’t Do for Love” by Bobby Caldwell. My favorite line is so biographical: ” . . . my friends wonder what is wrong with me . . “
- “Teenage Dream” I sing the cleaned up version by Tyler Ward (as opposed to the naughty Katy Perry version)
- “I’ll Cover You–Reprise” from Rent. This song makes me cry.
- “Paul and Virginia” a love song by vintage Over the Rhine.
- “Hey Ya” I sing the slow, acoustic versions by Michael Schulte or Obadiah Parker except when I just had caffeine, then I sing the version by OutKast.
- “Barely Breathing” by Duncan Sheik who is always in my voice range.
- “I Will Love you So for Always” Atlantic Starr. Yes. I know. Snicker.
- “I Want to be a Man” by 4Him. Shutup. Stop laughing.
- “Just the Way You Are” Billy Joel–always a fan favorite.
There are more, but I’ll stop while I’m ahead. If you read this, you are required to tell me one or two of your favorite songs to sing in the shower.